James W. Flett Company, Inc.

James W. Flett Company, Inc. Anniversary Logo












 

At James W. Flett we strive to deliver the highest quality products, services, and customer support in the industry.  Our employees and their dedication to this concept continue to make our business a success.

James W. Flett Company Employees
James W. Flett Company Employees


James W. Flett Company, Inc. was founded and incorporated in October of 1953 by James W. Flett, Jr. His first “fleet” consisted of one -- a single, new, Ford F900 dump truck – with which he serviced many local clients, including the Town of Belmont.

Flett Company was first located at 90 Concord Avenue in Belmont.  The company remained there until the fall of 1956.  Early in 1957, the operation moved, still staying in Belmont, to 300 Trapelo Road.  At the Trapelo Road location, the Flett Company grew to 14 pieces of equipment with 23 employees.


 


 


 1953 Ford F900 Dump Truck
(The first of the "fleet")

The next move in January of 1970 became the now permanent home of the James W. Flett Company – 800 Pleasant Street (Route 60), Belmont.

There have been many additions and expansions to the company’s 800 Pleasant Street headquarters over the years.  The most recent and exciting of which is the purchase of the former Belmont Animal Hospital property at 820 Pleasant Street.  Our new corporate headquarters will be built there and is in the final design and permitting stage.  Construction will begin in the fall of 2007 with move in scheduled for the fall of 2008.  We are also hoping to get LEED “green building” certification for our new home!


These changes have created today’s James W. Flett Company which is comprised of over 90 pieces of equipment, more than 100 employees and over $35 Million in revenues!

Jim Flett always loved the trucking business.  He was a driver himself, before starting the James W. Flett Company.  Sadly, Jim passed away in February of 2006.  Today, Jim’s sons, Bruce and Jim Jr. are actively running the company’s operations.

 

J.W. Flett Company's equipment from 1977
1977 D-9G and 2 D-8H’s performing site cuts and fills at the site of the Varian Building in Gloucester, MA.

James W. Flett Co. Inc. was subcontracted to John McNiff Company.


303 Third Street, Cambridge, MA
working for Bovis Lend Lease


 

The James W. Flett Company today is one of the most respected and well-known excavation companies in the greater Boston area.  Mr. Flett built a solid company with an outstanding reputation of honesty and quality workmanship and his sons are strongly carrying on that commitment.

This year Flett is celebrating its 55th year in business.  The plan is for 55 more!

James W. Flett and Susie

Jim Flett, Sr. with his 1948 Mack, LJT Tractor and Suzie (left) heading for the Annual (2003) Meeting of the Antique Truck Historical Society in Syracuse, New York

 

J.W. Flett Company's Antique Mack Truck
1959 Mack B83X Tractor

 

 






1952 Sterling HC2002 Chain Drive Dump Truck

 

J.W. Flett Company, Inc. of Belmont, Massachusetts

Home | Services | About Us | Client List | Equipment Rental | Contact Us | Contact Webmaster


Copyright © 2009 - James W. Flett Co., Inc.

J.W. Flett Company, Inc. is proud to display the American flag.
Site Design & Maintenance - M.Snow@BelmontWebs.com